Director, International UG Admissions
Job no: 496227
Position type: Staff - Full-Time
Location: Main Campus - Administration
Division/Equivalent: VP Enrollment Mgmt
School/Unit: International Admiss - 103150
Categories: Management, Administration, Full-Time, None, Enrollment
Title: Director, International UG Admissions
Department Org: International Admiss - 103150
Employee Classification: U1 - Unclassified PSA FT
Bargaining Unit: Professional Staff Association
Primary Location: Main Campus - Administration
Start Time: 8:15am End Time: 5:00pm
Posted Salary: Salary will commensurate with education and experience
This role is is tasked with providing the strategy and activity to grow and diversify UToledo’s international undergraduate student population. The employee will provide a comprehensive and strategic recruitment and communication plan in partnership with other Enrollment Management staff and MarCom. Working in tandem with other departments, the leader will effectively market and promote The University of Toledo’s mission, vision, and educational programs to prospective international students to ensure a diverse population across all colleges at the University.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive responsibilities in international admissions. Experience with quantitative, market-based approach to planning recruitment activities, familiarity with education systems outside the U.S. and specialized knowledge of the cultural needs of international students.
• Competency for analyzing recruitment-related data and assessing programming activities as part of a strategic enrollment planning initiative.
• Working knowledge of policies and procedures regarding visa issuance, SEVIS regulations and Customs and Immigration Enforcement regulations regarding foreign students in the United States.
• Requires five to seven (5-7) years of direct management experience with direct reports.
• Ability to work with people from a diverse background of race, religion, and social customs.
• Knowledge of Banner and Slate CRM are preferred.
Communication and other skills:
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Flexibility, understanding and acceptance of foreign cultures.
• Effective organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Proficiency in a language other than English, work and/or study experience overseas preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time