Job no: 494495
Position type: Staff - Full-Time
Location: Health Science Campus College
Division/Equivalent: College of Medicine
School/Unit: Anesthesiology - 107560
Categories: Post Doc
Title: Postdoctoral Researcher
Department Org: Anesthesiology - 107560
Employee Classification: P3 - Post Doctoral Assoc FT-HSC
Bargaining Unit: Bargaining Unit Exempt
Primary Location: Health Science Campus College
Start Time: 8:30 End Time: 5:00
Posted Salary: 50000
On Call: False
A Postdoctoral Researcher position is available in the Healthcare Technology and Innovation Laboratory. This position will be within both the College of Medicine and Life Sciences and the College of Engineering. The position will involve developing smart wearable sensing technologies and accompanying mobile and web-base software clients that uses a combination of logic and machine learning to predict relapse in patients recovering from opioid addiction. The associated wearables will also have several additional applications including investigating the use for chronic diseases management, personalized education/training, and human performance monitoring. The candidate will assist in both the design and manufacturing of the wearable device and its accompanying software. Works responsibilities and preferred skills and experience of a successful applicant is summarized below.
• Ph.D. in Biomedical/Bioengineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
• Proficient in at least two high-level programming languages (preferred: Dart/Flutter, Java, Python, C++)
• Ability to learn and translate code to other high-level programming languages (C/C++, C#, etc.)
• Strong knowledge on the fundamentals of analog and digital circuit design and simulation.
• Good skills and hands-on experience with digital ASIC design and wireless communication protocols and implementation.
• Experience developing web applications using modern web frameworks (e.g., React, Angular)
• Experience with current developer tools and practices (e.g. Git, continuous integration/delivery, Agile development)
• Experience working in a multidisciplinary/team environment.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical details to stakeholders with a both technical and non-technical background
• Experience in developing software applications for healthcare/medicine.
• Interest in implementing machine learning/artificial intelligence in software.
• Experience is PCB design software (e.g., Altium, EAGLE, Cadence Allegro,…)
• Experience developing responsive applications using Flutter/Dart for use across multiple platforms
• Experience designing, developing, deploying, and sustaining full-stack software as a service applications.
• Experience using cloud-based infrastructure for implementing and deploying software solutions for enterprise/commercial products.
• Experience using cloud-based tools and services as part of back-end software solutions, including serverless technology (e.g. Lambda, API Gateway, IoT Core, Infrastructure as Code).
• Experience developing web applications using modern web frameworks (e.g., React, Angular).
• Experience in use of Bluetooth protocol, software interface, and IoT applications
• Proficiency with embedded software development using C, C++, Java, or other programming languages
• Good understanding of microcontrollers and real-time operating systems
• Strong analytical skills
• Self-driven with a can-do attitude
• In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
• Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture.
• Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security.
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time