Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Cardiology
Job no: 494264
Position type: Faculty - Regular
Location: Health Science Campus College
Division/Equivalent: College of Medicine
Department/Office: Clinical Science 4
Categories: Faculty, Healthcare Positions, Full-Time, None, Academic
Title: Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Cardiology
Employee Classification: A1 - Faculty Full Time 12 Mth HSC
Bargaining Unit: Bargaining Unit Exempt
Primary Location: Health Science Campus College
The Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology is currently providing clinical services to the community of NW Ohio and SE Michigan for all types of cardiovascular diseases. An important aspect of the mission of the University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences is educating medical students, residents, and fellows though advanced training programs in the core disciplines of non-invasive and invasive cardiology. The department offers a wide range of cardiac testing, diagnostic and treatment services at our state-of-the-art cardiovascular facility.
• Provide direct patient care in cardiovascular medicine; instruct medical students and residents in the discipline of Cardiovascular Medicine; participate in conferences, conduct, and develop research grants and proposals.
• Interpret Echo-cardiographs, Nuclear Stress and ECG.
• Order laboratory and radiology tests and refer patients to specialists when appropriate and called for.
• Analyze reports, test results, medical records, and examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options.
• Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions. Discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up to date before prescribing medication/treatment.
• Conduct independent research in line with the goals of the Department of Medicine including maintaining a strong record of accomplishments and the ability to secure external funding that will provide salary support as Principal Investigator or Co- Principal Investigator and support research efforts and projects. Publish in peer-reviewed literature as first or co-author.
• MD or equivalent required; successful completion of internal medicine; board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Internal Medicine; current license in the State of Ohio required, prior to beginning the position.
• Ability to successfully teach and mentor medical students, residents, and fellows. Experience collaborating with specialists to explore patient health conditions and diagnose health issues.
• Experience working in a team of healthcare professionals and collaborating with them to ensure positive, effective patient experiences with our organization.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement:
The University of Toledo is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and to maintaining a welcoming and respectful community to all members, regardless of their race, national origin, religion, beliefs, age, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status. As part of this commitment, we require that all applicants for faculty positions include a statement that discusses their past and/or planned contributions to a culture of equity and inclusion in the areas of research, teaching, or service. In this statement, the applicant should also reflect upon their experiences and vision regarding how their values and experiences advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in working with students, faculty, and staff.
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time