Job no: 493219
Position type: Staff - Contingent
Location: Health Science Campus Hospital
Division/Equivalent: University Medical Center
School/Unit: Service Excellence - 109860
Department/Office: Customer Service 4
Categories: Healthcare Positions, Part-Time, AFSCME
Title: Chaplain 2
Department Org: 109860 - Service Excellence
Employee Classification: B4 - Classif'd ContingentAFSCME HSC
Bargaining Unit: AFSCME HSC
Primary Location: Health Science Campus Hospital
Work Schedule: On call hours, as needed
Posted Salary: Starting hourly wage is $20.19/hr.
On Call: True
The primary focus of this position is to help people (patients, families, staff and students) tap into their own spiritual resources as they search for answers to questions of meaning. Understands and respects the various beliefs, cultures and worldviews of those they serve, does not impose their religious beliefs on those under their care or even expect a person to be religious at all. This position advocates for people regarding cultural or religious traditions, connects individuals with loved ones and resources in crisis situations, supports people as they make medical, end of life or organ donation decisions, lends an objective ear to the concerns of the person and the family, prays if prayer is desired, or comforts with their pastoral presence.
All employees must adhere to the following at all times:
1. Employee is expected to adhere to UTMC Service Values including iCare standards at all times.
2. Adheres to hospital policies and procedures as well as addresses patient safety, performance improvement, and quality of care issues. 2 patient identifiers must be used.
3. Knowledgeable about patient safety and quality of care issues. Able to recognize safety issues in the department and handles incidents per institutional and/or departmental policies and procedures. If safety issues were identified; all issues were handled timely and appropriately.
4. Employee attends and follows all department specific safety education and training in an effort to create a safe work environment.
a. Reports equipment dysfunction in timely manner.
b. Make sure alternate process is in place and action is taken.
c. Worked as a team to limit exposure and create a safe work environment.
• Required: Ecclesiastical approval and endorsement, completion of two units of Clinical Pastoral Education, and twelve months experience in providing Clinical Pastoral Care or equivalent.
• Preferred: BA Degree in related field and computer skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows operating system. Certification by APC or NACC.
Communication and other skills:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to write legibly, speak articulately and follow directions accurately.
• Ability to type accurately with strong working knowledge of rules of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills so as to interact in a professional, courteous manner at all times with diverse populations of patient, students, volunteers, staff, faculty, physicians, nurses, administration and ancillary personnel.
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time