Web Project Manager
Job no: 495164
Position type: Staff - Full-Time
Location: Main Campus - Academic
Division/Equivalent: Division of Marketing
School/Unit: Hosp - Advertising/Marketing - 108980
Categories: Information Technology, Full-Time, None, Marketing/Communication
Title: Web Project Manager
Department Org: Hosp - Advertising/Marketing - 108980
Employee Classification: U1 - Unclassified PSA FT
Bargaining Unit: Professional Staff Association
Primary Location: Main Campus - Academic
Start Time: 8:15 End Time: 5:00
Posted Salary: $57,246 - $64,386
On Call: No
The Web Project Manager provides direct support for the Office of Marketing and Communications and its web team, which oversees University web properties and web initiatives in direct support of enrollment, retention, brand and reputation. The web team manages the strategy, planning, implementation, maintenance and compliance of external-facing web technology.
This role will be responsible for planning, organizing and implementing medium-to-large, complex, technical web projects in collaboration with the web team, marketing team, University partners and vendors. The Web Project Manager will manage the use of third-party applications being used by the Office of Marketing and Communications, including implementation plans, upgrades, documentation, training, integration and vendor relationships. They also will collaborate with key University partners on the integration of third-party technologies to ensure a branded, cohesive and compliant web user experience. This role serves as the liaison with technical web partners — web developers, software engineers, server administrators, IT staff and other support personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Five or more years’ experience managing technical projects, including planning, scheduling, project communication, issue resolution and implementation of accessibility and web standards
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Google and WCAG 2.0 accessibility guidelines
• Experience researching and implementing 3rd-party and web solutions with and without assistance and/or collaboration with IT
• Experience with web content management systems and project management software
• Previous experience in successfully managing direct reports and/or leading cross-disciplinary teams
• A portfolio of work to be provided to hiring team that demonstrates technical project management, compliance, accessibility and ability to work successfully in team environment
Resourceful self-starter who can work independently and translate feedback and direction into successful solutions in a timely manner.
• Ability to collaborate across multiple teams, including web developers and IT
• Ability to develop detailed complex web project plans and monitor progress
• Eager learner of technology and latest web trends, with the ability to suggest improvements
• A combination of strong conceptual thinking that can translate aspirational ideas and needs into strategic solutions
• Team player with the ability to work under minimal supervision, tight time constraints and periodic high-volume circumstances
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time