Security Officer 1
Job no: 494856
Position type: Staff - Full-Time
Location: Health Science Campus Hospital
Division/Equivalent: Public Safety
School/Unit: Hospital Safety - 111000
Categories: Police & Security Officers, Full-Time, FOP
Title: Security Officer 1
Department Org: Hospital Safety - 111000
Employee Classification: C1 - Classified Full Time HSC
Bargaining Unit: FOP
Primary Location: Health Science Campus Hospital
Start Time: 2300 End Time: 0700
Posted Salary: Security Officer's pay ranges from $15.30 - $17.34.
The Security Officer 1 (SO1) works closely with the University of Toledo Police and Hospital Staff to provide a safe and secure environment for all patients, visitors, staff, faculty and students. The SO1 is cognizant of their surroundings, using situational awareness to identify criminal or unsafe conditions. The SO1 is responsible for administrative emergency communication throughout the Health Science Campus and liaison to the University of Toledo Police Department for emergency responses. The SO1 adheres to and administers all required Security Operating Procedures as well as University customer service iCare Standards at all times. The SO1 must attend and follow all department specific safety education and training in an effort to create a safe work environment for all.
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Valid driver’s license and insurability required.
3. Knowledgeable of Microsoft computer systems.
4. Train and become proficient in the 900 MHz Kenwood and 800 MHz Motorola radio systems, CSI Computer system, ARMS record management system, Pro-Watch system, CCTV and Milestone system, and other computers and or/equipment.
5. Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire.
6. Complete training/ become proficient in incident entry into the departmental Automated Records Management System (ARMS)/Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD).
7. Must have proven dependability and consistency.
8. Must possess the physical ability to walk long distances, perform in inclement weather, and perform daily repetitive duties.
9. Must be able to function effectively in an organization where services are provided to multiple departments and in multiple locations.
10. Must possess Honesty, Integrity, and Trustworthiness to the highest degree.
11. Physical Requirements
• Visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable
• Ability to hear (with or without aides)
• Ability to verbally communicate
• Good manual dexterity
• Ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 200 pounds occasionally
• Ability to stand, walk frequently
• Ability to bend, reach, stoop, kneel frequently.
• Ability to perform CPR
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time