Maintenance Repair Worker 2
Job no: 494719
Position type: Staff - Full-Time
Location: Main Campus - Administration
Division/Equivalent: Facilities & Construc Mgmt.
School/Unit: Maintenance/Structur - 105670
Categories: Full-Time, CWA, Maintenance/Facilities
Title: Maint Repair Worker 2
Department Org: Maintenance/Structur - 105670
Employee Classification: H3 - Comm Workers of America FT
Bargaining Unit: Communication Workers America
Primary Location: Main Campus - Administration
Start Time: 3:00pm End Time: 11:00pm
Posted Salary: CN 05; starting at $16.29
On Call: No
Under general supervision, performs variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance duties for buildings 3and equipment including plumbing, electrical, painting, general maintenance, and carpentry. Assists skilled maintenance repair workers and skilled trades persons in maintenance repair work.
• High school diploma or GED required
• 12 months training or 12 months experience in maintenance repair.
• Valid driver’s license and insurability under UT driving policies.
• Ability to read, understand and comprehend instructions such as work orders, assembly instructions, etc.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and to read and write simple sentences. Must have basic knowledge of mathematics to read a measuring tape and must be capable of working with fractions in order to work with measurements.
• Skill in building and equipment maintenance and repair (e.g., electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, heating.)
• Skill in use of associated hand and/or power tools and equipment (1 month experience or equivalent.)
• Demonstrate dexterity and skillful use of hands.
• Ability to lift, carry, and maneuver objects weighing up to 50 lbs., climb ladders or stairs, Able to stand for long periods, stoop, kneel and reach.
• Ability to lift or move objects between 50-100 pounds with assistance.
Communication and other skills:
• Verbal skills to communicate with staff, patients, family members, and management.
• Verbal skills to communicate with other trades and work control.
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time