Math Tutor, Judith Herb College of Education
Job no: 494504
Position type: Staff - Temporary
Location: Main Campus - Academic
Division/Equivalent: Judith Herb College of Educ
School/Unit: Curriculum & Instruction - 106600
Title: Math Tutor, Judith Herb College of Education
Department Org: Curriculum & Instruction - 106600
Employee Classification: H6 - Intermittent - Seasonal Hourly
Bargaining Unit: Bargaining Unit Exempt
Primary Location: Main Campus - Academic
Posted Salary: $20.00
On Call: False
Math Tutor Position, Escuela SMART Academy (part of ODE-funded 2-year grant)
Hiring for Summer, Fall, and Spring semesters
• Commitment is to work one semester, with encouragement to continue into next semester pending success
• 6-10 hours/week (training weeks = 10 hours/week;
fall and spring tutoring = 6 hours/week)
• High school diploma (or equivalent)—some college experience preferred
• Skills & knowledge in teaching, math, art, and/or Spanish
• Patient, flexible, positive, consistent, dependable and cooperative with a sense of humor
• Ability to supervise students positively
• Ability to take supervision and correction constructively
• Commitment to consistent attendance through semester
• Background check (will be paid for by the program)
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time