Job no: 493988
Position type: Staff - Full-Time
Location: Health Science Campus Hospital
Division/Equivalent: University Medical Center
School/Unit: Acute Physical Therapy - 109240
Department/Office: Rehabilitation Services 4
Categories: Healthcare Positions, Full-Time, AFSCME
Title: Physical Therapist
Department Org: 109240 - Acute Physical Therapy
Employee Classification: B5 - Unclass Full Time AFSCME HSC
Bargaining Unit: AFSCME HSC
Primary Location: Health Science Campus Hospital
Start Time: 8:00am End Time: 4:30pm* Flexible
Posted Salary: $31.70 - $39.31
On Call: False
Performs patient examination, provides or supervises therapeutic interventions that include the use of physical agents, manual techniques, therapeutic exercise, and patient education; evaluates the effect of treatment and modifies the plan of care as appropriate. Supervises physical therapist assistants and non-licensed support staff; serves as clinical instructor (as assigned) for student physical therapists and student physical therapist assistants. Communicates with the referring provider in writing and/or verbally, and with other members of the treatment team. Complies with the rules and laws governing the practice of physical therapy as outlined in the Ohio Revised Code (ORC).Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Current physical therapy licensure from the Ohio State Board of Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers.
• Graduate of an accredited physical therapy program.
• Obtains/maintains CPR Certification from the American Heart Association prior to the completion of probationary period. American Red Cross CPR Certification is acceptable for hire.
• Passes annual safety test.
• Achieves competencies for assigned work area as dictated by director (i.e., age specific, suctioning, aseptic technique).
Communication and other skills:
• Good written and verbal communication skills to allow for functioning as a team member, assure adequate documentation for payors, and to ensure continuity of care.
• Adheres to UTMC service values.
• Visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable;
• Ability to hear (with or without aides);
• Ability to orally communicate;
• Good manual dexterity;
• Ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 50 pounds occasionally;
• Ability to stand, walk frequently;
• Ability to bend, reach, stoop, kneel frequently;
• Ability to perform CPR (if a required for position).
Position will be mainly located in UTMC Emergency Department
Previous ED experience preferred
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time