Assistant/Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Job no: 493161
Position type: Faculty - Regular
Location: Health Science Campus College
Division/Equivalent: College of Medicine
Department/Office: Clinical Science 4
Categories: Faculty, Healthcare Positions, Full-Time, None, Academic
Title: Assistant Professor
Department Org: Psychiatry
Employee Classification: A1 - Faculty Full Time 12 Mth HSC
Bargaining Unit: Bargaining Unit Exempt
Primary Location: Health Science Campus College
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences (UTCOMLS) seeks a full-time clinical psychologist faculty member to join our expanding academic and clinical enterprise. The position will be in the Clinical Educator tenure track line and primarily provide clinical services in the adult outpatient psychiatry clinic. We invite all areas of specialization and are particularly interested in candidates who demonstrate a strong commitment to evidence-based practice. The successful candidate will supervise, mentor, and teach psychiatric residents, psychology externs, and medical students. They will also demonstrate an interest and commitment to research and scholarship. Faculty rank will be commensurate with the qualifications and expertise of the successful candidate.
• Must be registered and /or maintain current licensure from Ohio State Board of Psychology
• Must have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology
accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA), the Psychological Clinical
Science Accreditation System (PCSAS), or the Canadian Psychological Association
(CPA) at the time the program was completed.
• Must have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program
that was accredited by APA or CPA at the time the program was completed.
• Maintains the Standards set by the American Psychological Association regarding
treatment procedure and professional ethics.
• Obtains/maintains Basic Life Support Certification (CPR)
• Passes annual safety test and stay current on all institution yearly training
• Achieves competencies for assigned work area as dictated by department policies and
Joint Commission clinical surveying body.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and collaborative skills
• Function as a team member, to assure adequate documentation for payors and to ensure
continuity of care.
• Adheres to UTCOM & UTMC service values
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time