Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist
Job no: 492459
Position type: Staff - Full-Time
Location: Health Science Campus Hospital
Division/Equivalent: University Medical Center
School/Unit: Medical Dir Office - 108930
Department/Office: University Medical Center 4
Categories: Healthcare Positions, Hospital Administration
Title: Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist
Department Org: Medical Director Office - 108930
Employee Classification: B5 - Unclass Full Time AFSCME HSC
Bargaining Unit: AFSCME HSC
Primary Location: Health Science Campus Hospital
Posted Salary: $20.38 - 25.95
On Call: False
Under the direction of the Director of Medical Staff Services, coordinates and performs all credentialing and privileging-related duties for the University of Toledo Medical Center Medical Staff, the University of Toledo Medical Center Allied Health Professional Staff, the University of Toledo Physicians, LLC providers, and UTP, LLC delegated carriers.
Provides support to the medical staff, serves as liaison between the medical staff and UTMC administration and ensures medical staff is compliant with applicable hospital and The Joint Commission standards.
Assists in: Developing, planning, and management of medical/dental and allied health professionals.
Credentialing, Privilege delineation/reappointment programs that ensure the program’s integrity.
Providing general administrative support to the organized medical staff regarding these responsibilities.
· Associate degree required (or current CPCS and/or CPMSM); Bachelor degree preferred.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Word, and Excel necessary.
· Experience working with a credentialing database preferred.
· NAMSS certification preferred (CPCS and/or CPMSM). If not currently certified, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NAMSS certification within 2 years of being hired.
· Credentialing experience required.
· Experience with heightened understanding of the medical staff organizational structure, hospital operations, and medical terminology.
· Extensive knowledge of corporate compliance issues (HIPAA, Stark II&III, TJC, CMS, etc.).
· Ability to prepare reports and follow-up with minimal supervision.
· Ability to take minutes at meetings and relate to physicians and allied health professionals regarding their applications, etc.
· Skill in establishing priorities with independent coordination of day-to-day aspects.
· Must be extremely detail-oriented and well organized.
Conditions of Employment:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation.
The University is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans.
The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.
Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time